2.08.2006

Family How, Again?

Ok, quick question. Since when is the movie Cruel Intentions (with Ryan Phillippe and Sarah Michelle Geller) considered to be "family" material? I ask because it's on ABC Family right now and I'm kind of confused. Call me a prude, if you want, but I guess I wouldn't choose to sit my family down to watch a movie where a step-brother/sister team are first of all, sleeping with each other, while planning elaborate schemes to de-virginize the headmaster's daughter (as a bet, where of course, the prize is...what else, sex).

Ummmmm.

Is it just me or is not really screaming "family" programming?

Is it bad that I would prefer to shelter my children from the smut on TV that I have grown to love in my adult years? Is that not very "progressive" of me? I need to plan. For 10 years from now, when I'm ready to give up SPB & my DINK* status.


*For definition of DINK, see my profile.