2.08.2006

Attention Starved Dog

God forbid I take 2 minutes to grab a quick snack and glass of milk before I spend quality time petting my dog. I mean, seriously. Where are my priorities?? I am horrible and Pete should really file for doggie emancipation from his abusive doggy-mom.

I swear he pretends that he has to go potty, real bad, just to trick me into paying more attention to him. He'll stand at the kitchen door and whine/half-bark at me, looking very pathetic, knowing that I can't resist his big beautiful brown eyes. I cave. He jumps up on my lap and licks my face and then plops his head down on my chest and then let's out this big sigh, as if to say, "Life is tough for little dogs, Mom!". This lasts a couple minutes, till he gets distracted by a piece of lint flying in the air. But just as I get back to my snack (because goddammit, I'm starving!!) all of a sudden he realizes that my attention has gone back to my OWN life and the whining resumes. Except this time I stand my ground. That is, until he dramatically rests his head on the coffee table and looks at me with those eyes. How will I ever get anything done with those eyes?

As I blog, he's using my whole body as a jungle gym. He is working his way right onto my lap (which is not quite large enough for a lap-top AND a lap-dog). FINE. I give up. It's all about you, Pete. It's all about you. Until he dumps me for that little piece of lint again.