3.02.2007

Meet My New Friends: Snowblower & Shovel

With St. Pauly Boy in sunny California this week, Snowblower and I spent some quality time together. Along with our sidekick, Shovel. There were good moments and bad. Snowblower isn't always willing to cooperate, but a few kicks, pushes, and lots of cussing, we have solidified our love/hate relationship with each other. In fact, he's in my garage right now probably pissed at me for making him do that last pass, but dammit, there are kids who need to go sledding, suck it up Blower. Shovel is a reliable friend who always pulls through when Blower decides he's too good for the drift left behind by Plow.

After 3 hours, Snowblower, Shovel, and I have successfully crafted pathways for all the neighborhood kids and their sleds. Mailman also had a splendid route from the sidewalk to our mailbox where he will deposit all of that wonderful junk mail that we get on a daily basis. Perhaps our greatest triumph of the day was our defeat of Plow. We came, we saw, we kicked his ass. Plow thought he would be all cute and bury us in under 2 feet of snow and big chunks of ice. But we showed him. Truck can back out of the driveway without even needing 4 wheel drive. In your face, you big fat bully, Plow! Oh and the barricade you built on our sidewalk, yep, it's gone. HA! You can't beat me. I will kick your ass, Plow.

I am quite proud of our achievements this week. But it better not snow, ever again.