3.21.2007

The Fan

So, this one time my brother and I were driving to Wisconsin for a Dave Matthews concert weekend (which we do every year, 7 years running) he insisted on listening to sports talk radio until we lost signal. I was totally annoyed by this at first. But as I unwillingly listened, I started to slowly fall in love with it. It may have been because A.J. Pierzynski was a special guest on the show we were listening to and at the time he was one of my fav's on the Twins (until he went to the Sox and became the Worlds Biggest Assface). But regardless, I became infatuated with sports talk radio. When I actually worked for a living, I listened to and from work and sometimes even streamed via the net while I worked in my hole, I mean, cube.

Longstorylonger, this morning I woke up super early and decided to actually give my old morning show a listen. I missed those guys. On a whim, I emailed them. Nothing I've ever done before, but I was in a goofy mood. Probably because I had my first cup(s) of coffee in like 2 months and got a little high from the caffeine. Anyway, within minutes I got a response from the producer asking if I wanted to come in studio during a show sometime. He said they've been thinking about having fans come in from time to time and he thought I'd be the perfect first fan to do it. I told him to shut up. He responded that he was serious, so I said ok.

I'm going tomorrow at 7am. I told the producer to be honored because the last time I did anything at 7am it was against my will.

What station am I talking about, you ask? Well, hello, KFAN, obviously. It's really the only sports talk radio in the Twin Cities. I'll be hanging with The Powertrip morning show with the Superstar, Hawk, and Sludge (who I intend on fighting with because I think he's a sexist pig).

If they ask me to actually go on-air, I intend on telling them that I swear way too much for live radio and I'm assuming that'll ensure my voice not make an appearance. If they make me, I'll do my best to say "heck" and "shoot", but I can't make any promises.

Wish me luck. Luck for getting my ass up at 6am tomorrow, that is.