2.05.2007

Super Dull

What is going on with the Super Bowl? When is the last time time you can remember enjoying the experience? It's been years since we've been properly entertained. And I'm not talking about just the football, although yesterdays game had it's moments in the 1st half mainly, all in all it was a blow out, what in the HELL happened to all the great commercials??? I may have laughed out loud twice. TWICE. That is complete crap! I feel cheated. I feel lied to. And I want revenge. Where did all the monkeys go?? There was A commercial with primates and they were talking gorillas, who weren't even funny. The talking lions were funnier and that's not saying a lot. I'm disgusted.

The only redeeming factor of this years Super Bowl experience was the half time show. Normally, half time is a joke. But Prince? He kicked the shit out of half time and that's probably why the rest of the game became the joke. Show me one person who didn't get goose bumps upon hearing the first notes of Purple Rain. Loved it. All of it.

As far as the actual game, it's obvious the right team won (sorry Matt). Rex Grossman is a complete joke. It's hard for me to understand how he even got this far in the league. He's like Joey Harrington's twin brother or something. The Bears had a very exciting first quarter, but that's mainly due to the fact that Rex didn't get to touch the ball more than a couple of times, if any, I can't remember the exact details and truthfully won't waste my time to even read the highlights because that's how uneventful the whole experience was for me.

Another Sunday night, wasted in front of a big screen TV. I guess there was really nothing else better to do here in MN with our blistering -40 degree windchills. At least the beer tasted good.