1.29.2007

Farewell to Manic Mondays

Today is my last Monday.

You did not read that wrong. It's not my last "Monday" as in work Mondays. After today, I will no longer be formally recognizing Monday as a day of the week. It's just another day. No more 9am status meetings. No more hatred of the early alarm on Monday mornings because the alarm isn't going to be reminding me that I have a 9am status meeting. It will be reminding me that I get to get out of bed to live a life that I am choosing in which I am actually motivated to get up in the morning instead of lay in bed pondering which excuse I could drudge up that would relieve me from having to go to that 9am status meeting.

So from here on out, there is no such thing as Monday. The Go Go's* song will go like this:

It's just another manic day-ay. [oohhhh oo ohhhhh]
Don't wish it were another day. [oohhhh oo ohhhhh]
Cuz I live life my own way. [oohhhh oo ohhhhh]
And no one has a say-ay. [oohhhh oo ohhhhh]
It's just another manic day-ay.


--------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE *It has come to my attention that I am a big retard because I meant to say The Bangles, NOT the Go Go's. Dammit.