5.24.2006

Back @ Home Base

You know what? It sucks being back from NYC. We had such a good time, I could have stayed another week. I'll have lots of fun stories and pics to share as soon as the mourning period is over and I've accepted that I do in fact live here, in MN. When I'm back to being St. Pauly Girl again, pissed off about stupid republicans and Planned Parenthood protestors. Right now, I'm a New York Poser, who needs a reality check. Once I get it (which I'm guessing will be in 15 minutes when I have my first meeting after vacation, here at work) then I'll share all the fun stuff about how we kicked ass on the subway (and by kicked ass, I may mean it kicked our ass, but whatever) and how Tavern On The Green is overrated and how I truly thought that John Cusack would be at the Waldorf when we went there for cocktails on our anniversary. He wasn't. I was legitimately bummed. I'll also tell you about Woody, our new best friend from Manhattan, who's a dirty Yankee's fan but we love him anyway. And about 4 of the cutest little Spanish girls we partied with, even though we could barely understand each other. But I comprehended when they said I had cute shoes, which ruled because they hurt the hell out of my feet. At least it was worth it. The Spanish girls liked them. What else will I tell you about? OH, how my dear husband, St. Pauly Boy, is the best tourist to travel with. Ever. He didn't force me to go to the Statue of Liberty, given it was 90 mile an hour winds that day. He also didn't force me to wait in line for an hour and a half to go to the top of the Empire State Building. Thank god he didn't care enough to put me through that crap.

Argh! I have to stop talking about it now. The zipper on my "bitter-pants" is stuck and I can't get them off. I promise to share, once I stop sulking.

Wishing I Lived on the Upper East Side,
SPG