4.04.2006

Go Shorty.

It's my birthday. Yep, that's right. 4/4. In the year 2044, my birthday will be 4/4/44. I'll be 67 that year. And I'm throwing a huge birthday party with all my friends from the nursing home I'll be in by then*, and I'm getting kegs. And we're going to have drunken wheelchair races and play BINGO. Drunk. We'll be total party animals during that game of BINGO, let me tell you.

Although my dear sweet St. Pauly Boy is out of town for my birthday this year and the fact that the age of 29 is relatively meaningless**, I am in very good spirits. My coworkers are taking me out for happy hour, SPB sent me the most beautiful bouquet of roses and tulips, my in-laws also sent me a bouquet of all sorts of flowers (yes, they do in fact spoil me and no, I will not share them), my wonderful future-sis-in-law is heading over to my house to let Stinky Pete out to go potty, so I can go have drinks, and then she's taking me to get birthday hugs and kisses from my bar family at Tiff's. I love birthday kisses. And you know what's even better? It's 55 degrees and perfectly sunny. And you know what's even better than that?? I was just able to get closure on a situation that has been plaguing me for the last 2 years. Today. I finally stood my ground and said, enough is enough. I have forgiven myself for all the wrong things I did with that situation and I have the support of the people that I love and all I have left is the feeling of relief. And that is the best birthday gift. Ever. And I gave it to myself. Go figure.

So let's raise our glasses to 29th birthday's, coworkers that I actually look forward to spending my birthday happy hour with, my future-sis-in-law for taking care of me when SPB is out of town, and finally, to no hard feelings. And that, my friend, is what they call.....closure. (All you FRIENDS fanatics out there should remember that line).

Have a good day, internets! I sure will!

-----------------------------------
*Not saying 67 is old and that all 67 year olds belong in a nursing home. I just have this feeling that my body will be so pissed at me by then, for all the bad shit I do to it, that I'll have an early retirement from self-sufficient living.

**Unless you're one of those people who mourns the loss of your twenties and getting old and all that stuff, which I don't. And don't try to tell me it's because I'm not old enough to mourn my age because I have every hope in the world that I will always embrace the new stages of life that I enter with age. I love age. It rules.