6.27.2008

My 15 Minutes of Fame Are Up

So, the other day I'm at the neighborhood nail salon getting a much much MUCH needed pedi, and along comes a reporter from the Star Tribune. He's doing an article on spas and how we are fitting in our beloved mani/pedi's into our budgets now that it costs nine dollars a gallon at the gas pump. I chatted with the very polite reporter and he went on his merry way.

Turns out, just hours before, the same reporter had been interviewing management at the Minnesota School of Cosmetology. As it happens, my lovely sister-in-law is the Campus Director there, which means she was the management in which the reporter had been speaking to. Neither Jill or I had talked about this prior to this chance encounter with the same reporter.

Later that week, I was enjoying a beer and a smoke at my brother's Beer League Softball game, joined by my lovely sis-in-law. I was showing off my new pedi, which I have to say still looks fantastic after 2 weeks thankyouverymuch, and I mentioned the reporter. I was pumped that I might get my name in the paper since I'm such an attention-whore (yeah I said it). Jill about fell off the rusty bleacher. Then she told me about her experience with the nice reporter man because she was pumped about getting some press on her school (and deep down, she was excited about getting her name in the paper too because she's got a little attention-whore in her too...yeah, I said it).

Long story short (or longer, given you just read all that crap above), my sister and I are quoted in the same article without even knowing we were both interviewed for the same article. What are the freakin' odds on that, my friends? Here's our beloved 15 minutes of fame (which I'm quite sure are officially up):

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/yourmoney/20657714.html

I just have to point out who's name is in the first paragraph....that'd be me. I win at Attention-Whore Olympics. I'd like to thank Yang, who gave me that now infamous pedi. I'd like to thank Red Nails for allowing me to walk in off the street with no appointment and for the expansive selection of polish. And finally, I'd like to thank my mom for always supporting me and my need to be beautiful no matter the cost of gas.

Xoxo,
Pedi-Girl