4.11.2007

Our Boys From The Pond

It's the NHL Playoffs, folks. For Hockey Rubes like myself, this is the shit. I can't wait for our first home game, Sunday 4/15, because even if our Wild are down 0-2 in the series by that game, the energy in the X is impossible to top. You cannot be inside that rink and leave unaffected.

But until then, we have 2 away games in Anaheim, tonight being Game 1. And guess who's there, chillin' at the Honda Center waiting to cheer on our MN Wild?

My husband.

He just called saying they had just arrived at the arena and he was able to purchase*, literally, the LAST Wild jersey that exists in in the rink, and probably in all of So. Cal. But he's there, representin' like the good boy that he is. It's just hilarious to me that as he attends our first game in the freaking playoffs, my family and I are stuck here, holding our season tickets, watching the April Snow fall all over our shit, while HE is at the game. The man only likes hockey because of US! And we're here in the Central Daylight Time, staying up till 9:30pm on a school night to watch the game.

I couldn't be more proud of him**.

---------------------------------
*He shouldn't have had to even buy one since we already own 2 but since he didn't expect that he'd be able to score seats, he didn't think to bring one. Ehhh, you can't have too many NHL jerseys as far as I'm concerned.

**And myself, since I'm the whole reason he even enjoys the sport now. God I'm good.