12.04.2006

Weekend-In-Review: I Got Action

And tons of it.

I saw Mission Impossible: III, Superman Returns, AND the new Bond movie this weekend.

You thought I was talking about another type of action. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Loved all 3 of these movies. Yes, everyone hates Tom Cruise because he's a crazy psychotic Scientologist. But you know what? I still like his movies, dammit. And this one was no exception. Superman was awesome. Props to the new guy, he pretty much nailed it. And even props to the new Lois Lane, played by Kate Bosworth whom I tend not to like very much. But I thought she was actually pretty good in this movie.

But that new Bond movie was by far the best of our weekend action. In fact, both St. Pauly Boy and I agree that we think it's the best Bond movie ever. The action was insane, to say the least, but they also added in some actual character evaluation. James Bond is more human in this movie. He's vulnerable and he makes mistakes, and DAMN does he look good doing it. Double-o-HOT is what he is. I actually found myself wishing I could be a Bond-Girl, even it means I have to die in the end.

3 thumbs up for the movie weekend.