12.08.2006

St. Pauly Girl's New Life

Well, the deed is done. I have officially resigned from my job, effective February 2nd, 2007.

What will I be doing on February 3rd, you ask? Probably nursing a massive hangover. But after that, I'm [finally] going to pursue the career path that I want, that I've actually wanted since high school. I'm going back to school for my masters in psychology. I don't know where, although there's a program at the U of M that is making me drool right now, the Counseling and Student Personnel Psychology program in the Educational Psychology department. But first I'm going to take some time off to research my dream job, working with college age kids, 18-22ish, as a college counselor of sorts. I finally realized that it'd be a good idea to harness the passion that I have for helping, young women specifically, realize their potential and to help them develop their self-confidence and self-esteem so they can go out into the world and kick a lot of ass. And feel really good about themselves while they're doing it.

This is going to be such a huge life change for me and I'm scared as shit, but at the end of the day, I know I'll be so much happier pursuing something that I'm passionate about. And it's not going to suck to get out of the Corporate World, that's for damn sure.

Here I come, unemployment, you better be ready for me because I'm gonna totally use you!