4.07.2006

Say Whaaaaa?

There's this trend that's been going on for a while now involving tattoo's of certain words like "love" and "happiness" that are written in Chinese characters. It's an iritating trend, in my opinion. And this article really solidifies this fact for me. Turns out, people aren't doing the appropriate level of research on the Chinese language and as a result, some tattoos do not actually transulate into the intended insprirational (i.e. cheesy) word or phrase. This pleases me. Specifically this pleases me: (from NY Times)

"Britney Spears was apparently not so cautious. She reportedly got a tattoo she thought said "mysterious" but actually meant "strange."

(Article in it's entirity: "Cool Tat, Too Bad It's Gibberish")


That is brillant.
I cannot tell you how happy I am knowing that Brittney is wandering this earth, in all of her white trash glory, with a tattoo that says "strange".

I think the moral of the story here is.....don't fall for these ridiculous trends. And if you do, make sure you have Yao Ming transulate it appropriately for you.