1.17.2006

Long Weekends Suck

Ridiculous statement, St Pauly Girl. Put down your crack pipe, St Pauly Girl. You craaaaazy.

No. I'm not.

I find that the pain of work re-entry outweighs the overall sense of relaxation and happiness brought on by having one, just one, extra day off during your weekend. Perhaps this re-entry pain has been accentuated by the 8am meeting I had on my first day back from the "glorious" long weekend. Not only is it not good for me to be forced to re-enter the work place under such circumstances, but it's highly unhealthy for my coworkers, who have to wear a shield to protect them from the shit that I'm spitting all over the place with my less-than-stellar attitude today. And when I think back to yesterday, the much anticipated extra day off, and how I actually watched an episode of Days Of Our Lives, I realize the truth. No, it's not that Belle and Shawn Douglas are really meant to be together (although that is so totally true), but that I am to blame for my piss poor attitude towards the long weekend luxury. If perhaps I got my ass off of the couch and accomplished something yesterday while dear St Pauly Boy was slaving away at work bringin home his portion of the "bacon", maybe I would think that long weekends serve a very good purpose. Perhaps my life would have purpose.

But no. I wasted it away watching daytime smut followed by a cute but ridiculously stupid Kate Hudson movie (Raising Helen) on Encore. And because of that, the re-entry into the workplace is getting off to a very rocky start. I'm pretty sure that within 10 seconds of my arrival, I had already offended someone to the extent that they may never talk to me again.

Someone please tell me that I'm not alone in this. Please tell me there's help for someone like me. Please tell me I'm not a horrible person for being crabby on a Tuesday morning after the dreaded long weekend.

Please.