1.21.2006

In My Place

I'm obsessed with my living space. Not limited to the current living space, but I'm obsessed with the possibility of future living spaces. When I'm not looking for the next best real estate, I'm drawing up architechural plans for my current space. Finish the basement, expand the kitchen, build a second floor, build a patio, install a 2nd bathroom in the newly finished basement, paint every single room in the house, install new windows, put up new window treatments, the list goes on and on and on and on.

What I'm actually accomplishing from this list is the window treatments. I have two rooms on order, as we speak. Yay! We've had this ugmo pieces of gross fabric draped over our deteriorating windows, since we moved in, 3 years ago. They came with the house. I don't know what that chick was thinking when she put them up, considering she thought she was very Pottery Barn, placing her catalogs in all the right spots and even perching her cat perfectly at the foot of the bed the day we toured the house. They are going buh-bye and are being replaced by super cute red drapes (actual Pottery Barn, in your face, you Pottery Barn poser). They only reason they even are PB is because I was showing St Pauly Boy the "type" of drapes I wanted to put up and he goes "just get those". Ohhhhhkay then. Maybe I should have given him a moment to evaluate, but I hoped on the phone so quickly, he didn't really get the opportunity. Besides, I evened us all out by ordering the master bedroom roman shades from JC Penny. Yes, the same JC Penny where your grandma shops.

And SPB and I are even close to agreeing on wall colors for the office and the master bedroom (a.k.a. 2nd teeny little box in the back of our house). And that in itself is a huge feat. Considering when I asked SPB what colors would be acceptable for bridesmaids dresses when we were planning our wedding, he said black or gray. GRAY. WTF?

But really what I'm getting at with this long-winded post is that I'm becoming obsessed with home improvement. Ob-sessed. (And for some reason I can't stop repeating myself in order to accentuate a word, what is that about??). I want to do everything right. now.

Maybe I just need to go to the bar and chill the hell out.